Rcbo for old style mk board

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M4tty,

Those are in the board in my garage you cheeky pup! ;)

I don't think you can officially, though I have modified my board to take other breakers, amazing what you can do with a bucket of water, an oxy-acet torch, some hammers, pliers & a vice, to a copper bus bar!

Oh & my AE saw it & questioned me, so I took it out and showed him, he was flabbergasted but could not pull me on anything other than Manuf' inst and lack of type testing, which he actually did not pull me on,

Yes you can, they are very rare though. I can lay my hands on about three of them I think.

a modern MK Sentry RCBO will fit. you will need an busbar adapter though to supply it

or you can use just about any RCBO and a suitable cable from busbar to feed it

note: if the CU has a sloping front, the RCBO will NOT fit

and that MCB is the 'newer' old type.

Try our forum sponsor for RCBOs.

E-mail them first to check if they'd fit.

yeah there the 1361 ones, should of realy had a better look at them just found that pict on the net need to run a supply for a light to a garage and only was is off the back of the socket in the living room so need to supply some RCD protection for that wouldnt i because it doesnt have any designated outside use.

yeah there the 1361 ones, should of really had a better look at them just found that pict on the net need to run a supply for a light to a garage and only was is off the back of the socket in the living room so need to supply some RCD protection for that wouldnt i because it doesnt have any designated outside use.
If you are running lights off the sockets, I assume you will be fitting a fused spur to protect your new cables. Surely the easiest would be just to fit a combined RCD & fused spur?

Doc H.