rcbo's

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It also depends on the foreman at the council. some insist on RCBO's, others (both in the same office, almost next to each other) want dual split! (and as a side note, some have sense)

A lot of older properties have old 4 fuse CU's, and lack the space (width) to find a dual/triple split CU. I often advise customers to opt for RCBO's if space lacking. Also note that it makes it easier to connect existing cables.

A lot of older properties have old 4 fuse CU's, and lack the space (width) to find a dual/triple split CU. I often advise customers to opt for RCBO's if space lacking. Also note that it makes it easier to connect existing cables.
offer to do the joinery/building work to make a new wider CU fit. after all, they can all become electricians in 5 days, so it only makes sense we can take their work

Unfortunately it's a bit difficult to see the HV lines now :( FFS patch what you doin' still up??

You on call tonite??

Nearly time for bed myself..
Nah - not on call. Just very much a night person! Ahould go to bed tho :)

night :z