RCCB in Series to MCB

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elekk

Reaction score
RCBO are available in single pole but I cannot find RCBO in triple pole. Shall I have to use a triple pole RCCB in series with a triple pole MCB?

What make of MCB is it as if you it is a Eaton/MEM/Bill make then you can fit seperate RCD pods to this make.

I was asked about these Yesterday, seemed to think they weren't available. Be handy to know if they are.

had the same thing with a 3 phase ac unit - we used a tp mcb with an rcd in an enclosure next to the board , it was an Memshield 3 board and was told they dont do a triple pole rcbo

had the same thing with a 3 phase ac unit - we used a tp mcb with an rcd in an enclosure next to the board , it was an Memshield 3 board and was told they dont do a triple pole rcbo
If the MEM3 is like the MEM2 you can fit a seperate pod onto the MCB to convert it into a RCBO.

We need RCD protection because water heater is a wet load.
but where/who is stating RCD protection?

Im assuming this is commercial or industrial, so unless someone somewhere is specifying RCD protection then it wouldnt normally be required.

If the MEM3 is like the MEM2 you can fit a seperate pod onto the MCB to convert it into a RCBO.
they have changed the mem3 - you cant convert the mcb's now, but i think the pods for mem2 are only good for single poles