RCD TRIPPING AT 1/2 TIMES

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicks electrix

Reaction score
Hi All

I did a cu change on Friday, i bought a WYLEX split load. Changed the cu and then went to do all tests. All test were fine UNTIL i did the rcd test. The 63A, 30ma rcd kept tripping at 1/2 Times. Tested all circuits individually and still kept tripping. I then changed the Rcd's over and then the other half of board kept tripping at 1/2 Times. So it was a faulty BRAND NEW RCD. The wholesaler changed it with no problems. When this happened i remembered someone saying on here that wylex were recalling MCB's. Now this has happened. MK HERE I COME.

I was thinking what andy said...nothings was plugged in was it ? you prob wont make mistakes like that but I have before.

Cheers

a bit inconvenient if youre watching the football. Only being able to watch first half :coat
Not really as not intrested in football now if it was Rugby then i would

1 faulty RCD and an over cautious recall on MCB's wouldn't make me use MK boards, wylex are far easier to install i find and its all we install at work now and they very very rarely have issues.

Wouldn't you prefer if your RCD was to fail that it would fail by tripping too soon rather than not at all?

I think you just plonk these in to wind us up Ian

This RCD has failed to meet the requirement of NOT tripping at 1/2 rated so is no good to anyone.

Did you a try a Ramp Test to see at what value it trips?

Were any Nuetrals still connected?

Just re read the thread and see you changed the RCD was every thing ok then?

I think you just plonk these in to wind us up IanThis RCD has failed to meet the requirement of NOT tripping at 1/2 rated so is no good to anyone.
I think you plonk these things in to wind us up tim.

Don;t think he ever said it was any good to anyone.

Latest posts