rcd tripping call out

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
lady rings today and tells me she has no power to house

few questions and it turns out she has a 30mA trip between supply and cu and it wont reset.

turns up and has a look, upstairs ringmain is the cause so up i goes unplugging everything, no joy, ohh well minging house, couldnt be that easy:(

anyways goes back upstairs and noticed brass socket on landing is green and mouldy looking, damp me thinks, so gets on me hands and knees to have a look, carpets soaking wet.... and smells....argh like pee.... hands and sleeves are soaked, walks downstairs and shows woman, her reply, 'oh the dog likes to go there!, well its too cold to let him outside'... dirty filthy people... X(

standards in peoples houses have dropped dramatically in the last ten years, before that you got the odd minging house but now its the other way round, you get the odd nice house, where has peoples pride gone?

nothing wrong with untidy, we all have lives and kids, but i'm talking pitted, disgusting hovels the kind you wouldn't dream of having a cuppa....

ohh and she had a nice shiny range rover on the drive

replaced the socket, the brass one was rusted to hell internally

rcd reset immediately

was tempted to do quick IR test on dogs testicles!

believe it or not i told the woman to stop the dog peeing on the socket(as if you should tell somebody that!!) to which she replied 'i'l cover it with that bookcase'

replaced the socket, the brass one was rusted to hell internally rcd reset immediately

believe it or not i told the woman to stop the dog peeing on the socket(as if you should tell somebody that!!) to which she replied 'i'l cover it with that bookcase'
:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

ROTF PMSL

Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

ruddy classic! :x

replaced the socket, the brass one was rusted to hell internally rcd reset immediately

what the dog ???

a better solution though

Good job you sorted it and weren't barking up the wrong tree.

Was she taking the p**s?

That job would've left me feeling a bit rough, rough!!

mans best friend, not the sparky, hope you got a good callout. sometimes i wish i could walk away, i bet you wish you had,,,