RCD trips on Zs testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Well first time I ever had this happen from my trusty Fliuke 1653, testing Zs on 2 circuits on different rcd's & both tripped .

Well never had that happen last week at the same property on the same cu after new ring final install.

Checked the battery level 6.4v changed the batteries 8+ v no problem with the RCD's tripping on the Zs testing.

Just something for peeps to be wary of.

I had a similar problem with my 1652

Good post and tip for anyone else who gets caught out!

low batteries are the main cause of problems with any test kit so well worth checking them first!

its probably had most of us confused for a bit at some point

dropping them out of lofts and down a flight of stairs doesnt do them much good either apparently!

Best one I heard was an hour old YES 1 hour old tester that the tester dropped from two extentions on the ladder.

My son was an apprentice at the time with a local firm and the guy he was working with was a total know it all as they often are.

Any way they got a new tester fresh out of the box, my son was footing the ladder as is norm this day and age for apprentices. when bang! the tester fell to the floor and instantly shattered.