Recommended Literature For Pv Course ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartrw79

Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone recommend any worth while Literature to read before embarking on a 5 day Bpec Solar PV Course ???

Kind Regards Stuart

I thought the same, but having chatted to my bother in-law who is a partner/director in a
small (9 sparks) family run business that manly specializes in agriculture. They
have been in dated with requests.  This course
is Bpec not City and Guilds, but is nationally recognised for MCS registration
as is the C&G 2399. 

Regards Stuart

I was initially looking at the C&G but as you say you`ve got to do the Foundation course first which covers wind etc as you`ve said, then you can do the Solar PV install course but that means 10 days not working which I couldn`t justify... The company I mentioned have put 2 guys through the Bpec course at Tradeskills 4 u in Crawley...They where both very impressed,and said it was anything but easy... Everything I`ve read about the Bpec course seems positive . 

Regards Stuart

http://www.mylocalelectrician.co.uk/news/2011/sep/which-solar-pv-course-should-you-take-city-guilds-vs-bpec

Last edited by a moderator:
Course is straight forward enough. Solar parks and farmers fields is very busy sector at the moment. Bit of a trek for you but i would recommend DCET in Exeter, 5 day course, quite intensive, but over and done quickly and comprehensively. You will also need to achieve a few safety certs, working at heights etc etc.

Thanks for the positive reply binky, DCET looks good but like you say a little bit to far afield for me....... Can you recommend anything to read prior a course just to give me a head start ?

Regards Stuart

the ref material that you need will be given to you... you can go out and spend a fortune on books.. try solar for dummies.. it will give u a head start.... but i would recommend other books but they will not make any sence until u have complete the training..

Latest posts