Red Trunking

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electroglow

Reaction score
looking at a job and the spec was for red trunking in the hall way and landing. is this a reg? or can we use white as they said they will paint over it any way?

If its requested in a job spec then I would fit it. Why get into an argument with the specifier on what may or may not happen?

Is it "just" red or is it LSOH, or "LSF" etc. or is it red "fireproof"?

Containment for what?

Does it need "fireproof" or high temperature cable restraints?

its private. as fr as i am aware its just red trunking no mentaion of fireproof.

it is containing just 1-2 fire cables.

the client does just not want red coloured

yes i know that. what i suggested was using pvc white mini trunking with cliped supports.

i just wanted to if there was ant regs on the colour

don't have any to hand I'm afraid. i have had a quick look online. know one seems to have an exact answer

To do the work then you "must" have the required standards else you will be deemed non compliant in the event of an "issue". ;)

My copies are filed now as I am not doing much, if any of this sort of stuff at the moment.

However, IMHO you need to understand "why" the spec is the way it is.

he is a arctutect so thats explains it. he didn't even do the 2-3 way switching correct on the drawings.

but know one seem to have an answer for it. i will do the job to regulations. hence why i have asked other sparks ?

So it a domestic house with a full fire alarm system that's unusual. I have a job I am doing at present architect has specified an IP65 enclosure for TV booster and socket in loft what's that all about?

So it a domestic house with a full fire alarm system that's unusual. I have a job I am doing at present architect has specified an IP65 enclosure for TV booster and socket in loft what's that all about?
Im not sure about this,

but wouldnt the booster eventually run hot if it doesnt 'breath' ?

My thoughts too. I think this will be queried. He also had sockets and switches need to be at building reg height. I queried this as it was an extension can't remember the reason he gave but they now match the existing in the house. It really would be odd placing extension stuff at building reg height when he other parts in the house are at traditional height.

Last edited by a moderator: