Registering for Part P

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This seems like a good idea. I was told the other day that a plumber we know is going for his Gorgi / Gas Sure membership. Think he said he has to present about 40 jobs , what they do is asign him to a local Gorgi registered company who check and report all his jobs. So (a) The job is checked for safety. (B) The job gets signed off or whatever they have do and © The plumber builds up a portfolio of work to show the assessor.

Wonder if that is the way to go for electricians ?

There are stricter rules for corgi soon to be replaced with Gas safe.

I would expect the reason being there is a clear and present danger from a gas leak, as opposed to an electrical fire! We just burn the house down, a corgi fitter blows it up with a few more along side it.

Put like that it does'nt seem such a good idea anymore :coat
too much conflict of interest for it to work. with assessors, you are not taking their work, and they are only there to assess, so it works. if it was another local company, they could quite easily try and make things harder for you since whatever work you get, there not

I could see a properly administrated scheme where an impartial body performs basic checks to build up a portfolio prior to a full blown assessment being a good idea. Question is at what price? Perhaps the scams could have a service that can be used for a limited number of jobs which you sign off like normal but which they then come and fully asses you on(probably a first fix visit and then a full assessment)

GasSafe is a money making company

no plumber wants it, they cannot see the benefit and it carries no insurance with it

however thew corgi reg does

what a load of rubbish,,,,,,,,but i think we are going to get hit with something similar soon

GasSafe is a money making companyno plumber wants it, they cannot see the benefit and it carries no insurance with it

however thew corgi reg does

what a load of rubbish,,,,,,,,but i think we are going to get hit with something similar soon
Its in the pipeline someone in the know told me within 5 years we will be the same as corgi type schemes and having to be retrained every so many years.

Batty

That wouldn't suprise me in the slightest Batty. I thought that a year or two Back. :( (

maybe time to take up shelf stacking. but then again, you would probably need 3 years at college, and a refresher course every 6 month. and have to be registered with some competent person scheme to be able to work on your own