EICR prosecution

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all very well saying you can't give a price for an EICR because of all the variables, but this would apply to all trades people in all trades, what is needed is a guide line on an EICR with caveats on additional work, this would allow the customer to have an idea if they are being ripped off or hiring Eddy Murphy.

I think ignorance on the part of homeowners is the problem here. Gas safe certificates are done and dusted in well under 1 hour so they think the electrics are the same

When I talk to people I ask about the size of the house, how many fuseboards, how many circuits, outbuildings. Access to loft , etc etc.

Last year I did an EICR, not because I was the cheapest, but because I was the only spark to ask lots of questions before suggesting a rough price

I tend to find it's Landlords who want the drive by price !! In and out with a piece of paper that says it's satisfactory.

Homeowners once you explain the length of time you will be there and what your going to look at are usually happy to pay.

I say £20 per circuit plus £50 for each board as a ballpark figure.

Locked to prevent post being resurrected

Status
Not open for further replies.