Regurgitating The Old Favourite ! Part P

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its that time of year again, yes my assessment is on Tuesday.................another freking pain in the backside trying to get customers to be in;

"sorry we're away on holiday"

"no can do at work"

"Not unless you can give me a specific time you'll be here"

"I know we said yes to the assessment but we have to go to our daughters" (valid reason was given)

So this year it is now costing me extra on top of the time out to do the assessment......

had to quickly fit in a cu change for the inlaws (hence why we went away to Devon late last week), so no earner off that job but at least I know they will be in.

Did a cut price job for my cousin, new circuit to garden summer house.

I have seriously considered chopping in the part P registration (after all why throw money away on a toothless scheme), my work load recently has gone more towards council & school commercial works & maint work, but I do still do a fair bit of domestic.

I am now not registered under the domestic installer scheme, we gave up as its not within our normal remit. However I am doing an install that includes 2 separate flats  within the same building. I contacted building control and reported this issue explaining that a building compliance certificate will need to be issued for the domestic part of the building, and could they do the required inspections.

Their answer was, give us copies of your certificates, and if we ascertain they are acceptable we will issue the compliance when we get your test certificates.

I just love part p.
mmmmm..... I have been there !!!!

**** 'em all I say

whats the worst they can do?

non compliance with a BUILDING regulation,,,,, its hardly mortal sin, builders do it all the time,

Im a spark, all the electrical stuff is done properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
So who's going to be the first on this forum to quit their scam membership and openly admit they do notifiable work without notifying it?

Wait until after the assessment tomorrow...............re-visit = scrap being a member & join the ranks on C.O.R.E (Carry On Regardless Electrician).

When do we march ?  Remember Tollpuddle !! Remember Ned Ludd and his Luddites !!!  ( No Stepps! Not the pop group!!)   :C
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Do we all have the words to "We shall not be Moved"    I'll give you the rhythm ..4 chords will do it . ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
g                                              d

We're on our way to Scotland,  we shall not be peed

g                                               d

We're on our way to Scotland,     We shall not be peed,

g                                                       c           g              c       g      d

Just like Prodave , earning loads of   money,   we shall   not   be  peed

All together now!!!

Latest posts