Remote monitoring of CCTV

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are talking about 2 CCTV cameras, the answer is yes. For example BT customers are able to stream at least TWO 1920x1080 (6fps) 512 Kbps bitrate to the Synology boxes we offer.

they would have to be on their own ports, but thats easily done. each DVR will have an HTTP port, probably set to 80. just change at least one to something else, then port forward on router to each. easier if you have a static IP, if its dynamic then a bit more complicated

not sure if the upload speed would be enough for 2x 8 channel. also, some DVR may not display all 8 on a PC connection

You changed the router today ready me to do the hopeful billy whizz
oh yes,

didnt use the Draytek tho,  couldnt be bothered moving it and changing all the settings over,,,,, :|

this other one has a bit where you click on the device, and it gives you the option to change the port forwarding rules,  :)

wee buns for a man of your calibre,  ;)

only thing to watch is internet speed. We had trouble with a recent install, but that included sound which was a bit intermittent
well,

look here see,

I have NO issues with internet speed,

its NONE FEKING existent at my place,

I get about 5 something whatever it is....!!!!!  :(

no one, and thats NO ONE can give me fibre apparently,

except for the robbing btds that are virgin,,,,   :red card