Rewire Questions from the inexperienced!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks - so a few traps and some rods seems like the way forward.............(when you've relatively clear runs)

but i must say though, there were a lot of these sleeper walls, i can see it being a right ball ache trying to do it with rods!

Having not been under many houses (yet), are there often this many walls down there?

Thanks - so a few traps and some rods seems like the way forward.............(when you've relatively clear runs)but i must say though, there were a lot of these sleeper walls, i can see it being a right ball ache trying to do it with rods!

Having not been under many houses (yet), are there often this many walls down there?
Yes! the ikle walls stop the floor sagging!

Not meaning to be rude...

(don't know if you are a big bloke or a more compact size)

But IMHO if your traps are about 3 or 4 board wide you can get a fair bit of your torso down there to angle and direct your rods accordingly..

It often helps to drop a floodlight down under the floor in one of the other traps so you can see where you are aiming for! ;)

Vlad you can pick up a CCTV insert for the rods with also a small torch built in.AndyGuinness
does anyone have or use a boroscope?

I was doing a job a few years ago... new cooker feed

I had a trap up near the CU (about 4 boards) and had my head down there trying to get the cable across, I wriggled a bit to get further in to hopefully make it easier but went too far and couldn't get my hands in a position to push myself up.. only my legs and arse showing!

Luckily my dad was helping me out on that job and had to pull me out by my belt!

To Zeespark - My apologies, although i cant find anything with a search

Any chance of a link?.............

Cheers

I was doing a job a few years ago... new cooker feedI had a trap up near the CU (about 4 boards) and had my head down there trying to get the cable across, I wriggled a bit to get further in to hopefully make it easier but went too far and couldn't get my hands in a position to push myself up.. only my legs and arse showing!

Luckily my dad was helping me out on that job and had to pull me out by my belt!
:^OROTFWLROTFWLApplaud Smiley