Royal mail postcode finder

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maccarooni

Reaction score
Has anyone used this service.

Its linked to the Nic site, and each time I try it, I never get a result.

Anyone ever use it.....and get a postcode?

Macca

I to use the post office site, find its simple to use and gets most addresses without to much trouble. I'd put a link in to it if I knew how

google the address and the postcode will come up, and if your like me and forget the numbers, go on google street view and look at the house number.

Ok then, now I'm getting frustrated.

Thats the same one i was trying earlier.

Do I need to register first.

When i input the details, The next page asks me to put in 6 digits/numbers, as a security thingy

I then click proceed and end up back where i started..........

AHHHHHHHHH

Macca

Ok then, now I'm getting frustrated.Thats the same one i was trying earlier.

When i input the details, The next page asks me to put in 6 digits/numbers, as a security thingy

AHHHHHHHHH

Macca
I do remember registering years ago but don't need to log in these days although sometimes it does ask you to put a code in. I think you can do 15 searches per day. With BSI I can find addresses with there search facility.

Yeah Batty in the first section it says you can have 15 searches a day but I am still to find (or actually get a hit ) from the search option.

Macca

Guinness

Ok then, now I'm getting frustrated.Thats the same one i was trying earlier.

AHHHHHHHHH

Macca
Most likely the details you are inputting are incorrect.

I use it frequently.

(Both post code & address finder)

To make sure my invoices are going to the correct address!

you don't need any registration..

but if you put in incorrect details it sometimes just goes back to your previous page without giving much additional info such as Address/Postcode not found. ;)

Check it with your own Home address / Postcode, to make sure you are doing it right?

Guinness

Yeah Batty in the first section it says you can have 15 searches a day but I am still to find (or actually get a hit ) from the search option.Macca

Guinness
Are you on address finder or postcode finder?

I typed in MY house number.

I typed in MY road name.

I typed in my Town.

AND GUESS WHAT

:innocent

STILL NO BLEEPING POSTCODE.........

I GIVE UP............

headbangheadbangheadbang

:red card

not sure if the reason is because the code has to be exactly the same ie if its a capital then it has to be a capital

wayne

just tried it and its works either way capital or not. try opening ie as administrator that some times works

not sure if the reason is because the code has to be exactly the same ie if its a capital then it has to be a capitalwayne
Typed it exactly as is was shown monkey, thanks

:good night:

I've had enough paperwork for tonite.

Early start again tomorrow.

Night all, and Happy Birthday Specs.

Macca

GuinnessGuinnessGuinness

Let`s start off with the happy berfday, to the trailer boy ;)

Well done for getting to such a ripe old age matey.

I use the royalmail postcode finder on a pretty much daily basis, and rarely have a problem (and that`s with welsh names!!!).

Have you got cookies on for that site? I`m wondering if they use `em to check you`re not a bot??

KME

Latest posts