Save Our Trade!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
erm... either your in, or your out...
Like I said, I'm a paid up member until April, if I leave now I don't get any money back, so I will continue to use their colourful (but meaningless) logo on my website until renewal!

I'm getting round to that, although there's no reason for me to remove it for another month as my renewal is in April. As it is, it can stay there as just another colourful logo at the bottom of the page, because let's face it, that's what a customer wants to see.

This campaign isn't exactly a customer facing one, considering less than 14% (official figures) have actually heard of Part P, half of which have never heard of the schemes. This campaign is directed at electricians alone, as it is only electricians that have the power to boycott the schemes. As for my website, that isn't me, it's a marketing tool, and for now, one more colourful logo at the bottom isn't doing any harm.

It has got nothing to do with price, or at least in my case it hasn't. 90% of my work is commercial/industrial anyway. For me it is about public awareness and public safety. The public need to be made aware that using an unqualified tradesman can be deadly. They also need to be protected from those who are underskilled and yet pass themselves off as 'qualified' when they are not.

Sick of 5WWs? Sick of scam schemes? Sick of laughable training providers?

We as fully qualified electricians deserve better. The public deserve better. Get on here, start hitting the like button, share share share and spead the word guys!!!

We are boycotting the schemes, they can shove their £500 assessment fees where the sun don't shine! We are the industry, not them, so there's absolutely no need to let these parasitic organisations run around acting on our behalf!

Save our trade!!!

I am a little unclear about who or what this is aimed at and what is the overall final objective. i.e. what will you actually do or achieve when you have the required numbers of likes you are aiming for? At one point you say it is aimed at electricians alone, then its is public awareness and safety, then its boycotting the schemes. Do you consider that nothing that any of the approved contractor bodies have ever done has improved awareness of electrical safety. Or that every member of all of the schemes is incompetent and unsafe in their work? what percentage of overall membership of all of the schemes would you consider to be satisfactory and competent at their job. I would guess that every one of our forum members who is a scheme member, including yourself, would consider themselves to be competent at the work they do. No doubt there are poor standards or workmanship out there, we see it in our black museum, but how much of that is by DIY'ers, builders, home handymen, kitchen fitters or similar as opposed to 5WW claiming to be electricians? How will this stop the DIY brigade.

Doc H.

I'm getting round to that, although there's no reason for me to remove it for another month as my renewal is in April. As it is, it can stay there as just another colourful logo at the bottom of the page, because let's face it, that's what a customer wants to see.

This campaign isn't exactly a customer facing one, considering less than 14% (official figures) have actually heard of Part P, half of which have never heard of the schemes. This campaign is directed at electricians alone, as it is only electricians that have the power to boycott the schemes. As for my website, that isn't me, it's a marketing tool, and for now, one more colourful logo at the bottom isn't doing any harm.

Like I said, I'm a paid up member until April, if I leave now I don't get any money back, so I will continue to use their colourful (but meaningless) logo on my website until renewal!
This is getting very confusing. Surely the logo is either meaningless or what the customer wants to see, if it is what the customer wants to see then it must have some meaning?

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
How will this stop the DIY brigade. it won't immediately, i'd like to see the banning of DIY shed selling electrical gear, but I dont say this now because it wont help the cause, it conflates too many issues

answers in red :)

====================================

Apologies. D Skelton

I have accidentally deleted some content of this post please re submit your previous comments. Thank You

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
NO, no-one said anything about a proper licence,

it was only the JIB scam card that was mentioned,

that is no longer a valid licence imho, it again, is a numbers game where money is concerned.

What do you think a gas safe style system is? A licence to practice, backed by statute, with an enforcement process that has teeth!

I honestly cannot believe the sheer level of apathy on this forum! It beggars belief! Everyone so quick to criticise and yet no one else ready to put forward a solution to the racket that is the scam schemes!?

I guess everyone here is happy with the way things are? I guess everyone here is happy with our trade being driven into the ground by corporate scamsters who's sole reason for exising is because we let them by PAYING them!!

right,

• firstly, I have continually stated that a PROPER LICENCE is the way forward, backed up by law that makes it illegal to work on electrics without having the proper grading on your licence,
  • second, issued by a government backed non profit body, that does have the power to prosecute, and uses it.
  • you pay the scams, NOT me, why are you suddenly having a big change of heart? you are a member after all, and, like most of the 5ww, you are actively using that membership to attract customers.
  •  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts