Setting my Solis inverter to charge at certain time

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy1733

Reaction score
I'm in the process of switching to octopus go. My enquiry is regards setting the inverter to charge between the low rate hours 1230am-430am.
Inverter is solis RHI-5g 3.6kw hybrid
I've looked through the manual and the only page I can see is the one below.
Is it just a case of setting the T charge (graph 1) to 1230am-430am or do I need to set the T discharge time also. 430am-1230am.
Do I need to alter the charge/discharge current from 50.0AIMG_20221116_114520.jpg
In this image, it shows the reserve SOC pre set at 80%. Do I need to alter this ?

IMG_20221116_114526.jpg

Just need to set the charge time - those are essentially defining force charge or force discharge times.

Worth a watch of Solis's video here:

No probs! Spent a while trying to figure the settings out before finding that one. All works well other than needing to get into the loft to tweak timings or charge rates!

I've setup my Solis to start charging 1230am-430am even though my tariff has not been changed yet.
Something I've noticed this morning was the alarm on the app has flagged only 6% of soc on the battery's.
They were previously set to only charge from solar.

2 questions.
Will the battery be ok until tomorrow am when the charge from grid timer kicks in
And
do I need to change any setting to allow it to charge from the grid. As above it was set to charge from panels only

Latest posts