Siemens Stratum 200

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Distorted Vision

Reaction score
I am trying to obtain a replacement cover for a Siemens Consumer Unit

as in the photograph.

img0858q.jpg

I believe it is a Siemens Stratum 200 Insulated Split Load Consumer

Unit Model No.: CU 1283SL 66.

http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/0032/0900766b800322cd.pdf

I have contacted Siemens / Electrium but they say its now

discontinued. Has anyone suggestions where I may purchase one where

they may have some left on the shelf.

Many thanks!

It looks very similar to the GE type Senate used to stock, Denmans had their own "Steeple" branded units which were identical.

It looks very similar to the GE type Senate used to stock, Denmans had their own "Steeple" branded units which were identical.
They are all the same, Senate stopped doing the GE ones under the Sector brand and changed to the Siemens ones, which are identical.

I think everywhere did a GE board at one point, Senate, Denmans, Screwfix, etc...

Certainly looks like what Denman's call their Steeple brand , those circular knockouts in the side are identical . I have 3 used Steeple boards in our store but I'm sure they are only 6 way.

Yes the GE Consumer Units look identical to the Siemens ones and they appear to be just rebadged versions of each other:

http://www.gepowercontrols.com/eu/resources/literature_library/catalogs/residential/downloads/DS_Catalogue_Consumer_units_and_MCBs_English_UK.pdf?SMSESSION=NO

Anyway, I've contacted Siemens and GE and several electrical distributors and there is nothing available so I've decided to get a new consumer unit.

The consumer unit is in my apartment which I now rent out. The tennants who have recently moved out damaged the casing - its chipped at the top two corners. No idea how they managed it.

How much work would be involved in replacing it? How long would an electrician take? My current one was fitted about 6 years ago. Is it case of a straight swap over?

Many thanks!

The consumer unit is in my apartment which I now rent out. The tennants who have recently moved out damaged the casing - its chipped at the top two corners. No idea how they managed it.
Ah, I was thinking of the flap, probably a bit more critical then if the whole thing is damaged.

How much work would be involved in replacing it? How long would an electrician take? My current one was fitted about 6 years ago. Is it case of a straight swap over?
It should be a fairly straight swap over, although you can never tell. Also, there have been some major revisions to the electrical regulations since that unit was fitted so other works may need to be carried out to bring the whole installation up to scratch, possibly. Really you'd need someone out to look and quote you for the job.

Directory of UK Electricians

I am trying to obtain a replacement cover for a Siemens Consumer Unit as in the photograph.

img0858q.jpg
The more I look at this picture the more I start thinking....

is this mounted just above skirting board level?

what room is it in?

why the tiled walls?

:eek: ? :|

Its in the kitchen hence tiled wall and yes its mounted just above the skirting board.
Then there's no wonder it has become damaged. When you have it changed a at least move it up the wall!

Its in the kitchen hence tiled wall and yes its mounted just above the skirting board.
I would think that position is very susceptible to damage, or do you have some other boxing or protection around it?

Doc H.