Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jibspark

Electrician
Reaction score
I getting alot closer to sign writing the van, ive decided this is the year im going to give it all a big push and try and get my feet off the ground. i can get all this for

Thats a good price for all that signwriting TBH but get the Big Ass Lock on first. In fact you should buy a lock then shop around for a van to fit. ;)
lol cheeky ******! whats wrong with a good old combo! :D

i think your right, i will get the locks on first! ive got a solid bulkhead so i just need to secure the rear and side door better.

Personally I think you have far too much info..

I have my trading name, phone numbers, Domestic, Comercial & PAT testing, free estimates & 24hr callout

Also got 3 x NIC stickers and forum sticker

Got both sides, rear & bonnet done 5 years ago for

Personally I think you have far too much info..I have my trading name, phone numbers, Domestic, Comercial & PAT testing, free estimates & 24hr callout

Top Man!

Personally I think you have far too much info..I have my trading name, phone numbers, Domestic, Comercial & PAT testing, free estimates & 24hr callout

I like your van JL. Super, Smashing, Great!

That looks great jl, but jib has much more info on his..

The main points are

It must look good

Make it eye catching

Include your phone number (the amount of vans that I see that only have a trading name on the back is stupid,, what do you do & how can I contact you!!)

Do not put you CV on your van, it's just too much info to take in as you are driving past!!

Also some of what jib is thinking about putting on his van will limit his customer base as they will think he doesn't do the kind of work they want.

Do you find you get work from advertising on your van. I personally have no writing at all on my van and have more than enough work.

Batty

I always ask when I get a phone call from a potential customer where they got my number from.

I have had calls from people who saw my van on the road, at a job, or on the move.

My van cost me

i get loads from the van, another tip is park it on the local shops or near the b&q on the retail park. :)

it can double the calls just by parking in the right place. :)

i get loads from the van, another tip is park it on the local shops or near the b&q on the retail park. :) it can double the calls just by parking in the right place. :)
yea, although depending where you park, your calls will double, but with complaints and not work!

jl your van does look the dogs but i very much doubt i can afford that! i think what alot of you have said is correct, ive got to much info, i think i will have another go and see what i come up with.

been doing a bit of photoshop. what do you think on this? the text might need a bit of design work but overall on a white van.....

do you think i could just get it printed straight onto some dark grey vinyl? and what sort of money do you think it would be? including a pro applying it.

VAN-DESIGN.jpg

for the back doors, i think it would looked better reading accross both doors, rather than different stuff in each door.

What colour is the van? looks like a different colour to the first post