So this has got me thinking ...( variation on a theme . I suppose )

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
Having spent most of the last week stuck in traffic jams I have had time to muse over the following dilemma 

Is there any valid reason, or need, for the following

Greg Wallace...grinning slap head dwarf renowned for fiddling with veg

Ryland Clarke_Neal....long tall streak of micturition who,is on more stuff than  HRH ANdys fingerprints

HRH Andy

wine preservers....don't save it just dink the bottle

poloticians salaries

pricng stuff in a currency denomination that does not exist......£1.29.9 per litre....OK matey, sell me a litre, no more, no less

greg Wallace....sorry but he is so bad he has taken over from Brucie

Xmas specials

John Sessions

why does Greg Wallace wear a hair net on the Xmas factory? Delusions of adequacy maybe FFs he is a slap head

Dyson Air Blade hand dryers...have you ever looked in the bottom of one

johnathon Woss....ttw@

Michael McIntyre...bobble headed floppy haired tw@

Glitter...Gary and Sparkly....although it's funny if you fill a card  with it.....takes months to get rid of

1700 shampoo and hair conditioners for women.......men, shower gel

anything made by Knightsbridge (ML)

Ant and Dec

Winkleman

Pantomimes

end of part 1

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the total displeasure to fit some Knightsbridge flat plate screwless and some BG nexus sockets (customer supplied)..... I'm finding it difficult to figure out which were worse

I've had the total displeasure to fit some Knightsbridge flat plate screwless and some BG nexus sockets (customer supplied)..... I'm finding it difficult to figure out which were worse
I still maintain the worst ones at the moment are MK.  It is VERY common to find them with screws that are verging on impossible to turn even when open.

pricng stuff in a currency denomination that does not exist......£1.29.9 per litre....OK matey, sell me a litre, no more, no less
If you asked for one ltr   they'd charge £1.30  .  I was told this pricing is to do with the cost of a barrel of oil on the world market  .     How come its the only product that is priced this way . ?  

Regarding television , the Christmas brain washing onslaught of adverts is now at full throttle  ,  cranking up the fear that if you don't stock up on all this stuff  you will have starved to death by New Year .      Every ad break now features  families of 25  or more people , grinning inanely ,  all carefully racially mixed , shovelling food down their throats like its  their last meal  and Santa's sleigh  is replaced by a huge road train delivering 5 trillion gallons  of Coca Cola  to the huddled masses. 

Local radio here holds back the Christmas records until this week  but now  its full on along with   Reindeer , sleighs, snow, mistletoe , ivy, elves , presents ,  fir trees,  cheap tatty decorations , flashing lights , overpriced cards  with  even more overpriced  stamps, turkeys  , mince spies , booze,  Frosty the bleedin' Snowman ,  The Wizard of Bleedin' Oz ,    Love bleedin' Actually ,  Families who only meet once a year , Christmas Specials recorded in August  and as Kerch says  , Pantomimes  , one of the strangest of all show biz traditions ,     the release of a thousand CDs just in time  ,  pictures of folk suddenly ice skating on rivers ,  chestnuts roasting on open fires ,   Jack Frost biting  toes 

Oh and some guy who was actually born on Christmas day .    

e  ,  pictures of folk suddenly ice skating on rivers
A few years ago the local paper printed a pic of the frozen lake in a Park up,the road. Loads of folk skating on it. Prob taken in about 1947

i told my mum about it. Oh she said, I remember that,I was about 16,  I was skating on it. Got a copy of the paper and there she was dead centre of the pic!

odered a print from the paper and got it framed for her. Everyone that visits her sees i and says "is that you?"    And she doesn't look at lot different at 88

told my mum about it. Oh she said, I remember that,I was about 16,  I was skating on it. Got a copy of the paper and there she was dead centre of the pic!

odered a print from the paper and got it framed for her. Everyone that visits her sees i and says "is that you?"    And she doesn't look at lot different at 88
Thats great !!         I think three was a big freeze up in 1947    ...this stuff we get these days is nothing compared .    

I had to check with my mom that I remembered this correctly and she said yes ....leaving the house with her to go to the local shops ,  because I was somewhat  smaller then the frozen snow was  above my head with walkways dug out . 

I remember having  snow through Dec , Jan, Feb   even in the '60s  and when I'd started to drive , found snow in sheltered  areas on the Clent Hills  in April.  

I was told this pricing is to do with the cost of a barrel of oil on the world market  .     How come its the only product that is priced this way . ? 

It’s called spot price. I buy silver based on spot which changes every five minutes, you have to keep an eye on the ball.

The election caused chaos.

gen-e.jpg