So trumps in what next

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane B

Reaction score
So politicians proved wrong yet again about what people want. Trump's In. so what for Britain.  people voted out to be told in court no. democratic voters ignored will be the worst thing for any government to contend with. the aftermath of a non brexit decision in supreme court will play havoc I'm sure. total public disbelief .  we shall see but wait. if we do exit eu. our brexit does this mean no 18th edition. Lol. 

AFDD's (American AFCI's) are looming on the horizon, their introduction must be avoided if at all possible.

I''ll go in to more detail later, our main defense is the differences in voltage and wiring systems.

Our main defense should be that they don't tango'd work! haha

Last edited by a moderator:
AFDD  basics . Arc fault detection devices are extremely sensitive and designed to sense and respond only to potentially dangerous arcs. They use a special algorithm to distinguish between dangerous and working arcs – i.e. the harmless sparks that you see when you flick a switch or pull a plug.
This is important as over-sensitive AFDDs could be prone to nuisance tripping – e.g. interrupting a circuit when it senses the slightest harmless arc

(OT) So according to this thread  President Trump will force the UK to adopt some carpy American Arc breakers  that not one person in the UK actually wants or has any interest in whatsoever .      

He will also force us to change the voltage to 110V  so they can export electrical goods to us straight from stock , followed by talks for us to become the 51st state of the US  when a wall will be built along the south coast to keep Mexicans out.

All together now ......  

America ! America !

God shed His light on thee

And crown thy good with brotherhood

From sea to shining sea. !

Trump is a businessman so he'll want to trade with us.

Unlike Obama who threatened to put us at the back of the trade queue if we brexited.

Our relationship with the good ol usa will continue whether we like it or not.

Either way we're still handcuffed to a courgetting idiot.

I'm not sure about the veg/swearing code here, please feel free to update me.

Back to the trump question.

Very little will change. We will all just get on with our lives, just as before. A bit like the Brexit vote, the world didn't end, there was no emergency budget to fill the hole because the economy had crashed.

I think it all show just how little what politicians do, actually changes anything. We all carry on in spite of what they do, not because of what they do.

Re the arc detector thing. I confidently predict I will never install one. I am banking on retirement happening before that comes into force. Let it be someone else's problem. There won't ever be any in my own house.

Latest posts