Soffit downlighters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just quoting on a job to install 10 soffit downlighters and wanted to ask what you guys fit. Want to give a few options like halogen or led's

Any pointers on whats best appreciated

Cheers

Just fitted 30 of them in a soffit. White GU10 IP bathroom ones fitted in UPVC cladding with SMD led lamps in cool white. We did not need fire rated.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:09 ----------

Will take a few pics when i go back to work on Thursday :grouphug <used that cos not noticed it before

Defo use bathroom IP rated ones but i always say to client about paying extra for LED lamps. Some of these sofits have small vents and halogens pop. You don't want to be back and forth relamping plus as we know much more energy efficient

Hi,Just quoting on a job to install 10 soffit downlighters and wanted to ask what you guys fit. Want to give a few options like halogen or led's

Any pointers on whats best appreciated

Cheers
LEDs all the way mate. I don't see the point in not these days.

Are the soffit lights for vast illumination or just to make the garage/house look pretty? Does your customer want specifically 10 spots of light?

I've fitted a load of standard downlights with Kanlux 3.3W GU10s that give 280lumens.

A lot of the cheaper LED lamps don't meet the L1 requirement 45 Lumens per Watt or 400 Lumens per fitting, although anything below 4W is excluded from the valuation.

If you do new work depending on the building inspector it can be a mare getting the Energy Efficiency Count to 75%

A lot of the cheaper LED lamps don't meet the L1 requirement 45 Lumens per Watt or 400 Lumens per fitting, although anything below 4W is excluded from the valuation.If you do new work depending on the building inspector it can be a mare getting the Energy Efficiency Count to 75%
So if everything under 4W is excluded, that's the way to go?