Solar in power cut

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy1733

Reaction score
Is there a way to make my solar keep work in a power outage. New battery's arrive later this month

We have had 5 power cuts this week though 3 were after dark

Your inverter will have anti-islanding built in to stop juice back feeding the grid (in case anyone is working on it).Many battery setups come with the ability of 'essential power' output. Can be anything from a single socket outlet on the battery charger / inverter to a hardwired terminal that you basically connect to your essential circuits. As the unti output won't be capable of the whole house you have to split your cirscuits up into 2 consumer units. 1 stays standard, the other is essential loads and will be constantly powered from battery inverter. This stops the requirement of changeover switches etc

I guess that's why I have main power and backup power into my cu. Dooooo. Thanks barx.
So am I correct in thinking, once the battery's are connected and we have a power cut/outage, everything shuts down and I will start draw from the battery's (if charged)

Latest posts