Solic200 Wireless

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick H

Reaction score
I have purchased a Solic200 Wireless from EBay from a reputable guy. I have installed it and have found the LED light descriptions confusing. I have read about other people having problems. I have a battery system and 12 panels supplying a 5kw inverter. I have spent some time making observations and am happy to share what I now know. I emailed Solic to ask about the battery situation and they said there could be a possible conflict over which unit takes the exported power, battery or Solic200.
I have set this up many times and have now settled on what I believe to be the best way:

Ensure sunny day firstly!

Choose time in pm when Battery 100% and exporting to grid. See your phone app to confirm.

Ensure Both units switched off. Main & Sensor. At this point I put sensor arrow facing grid but shouldn’t matter as main unit will later orientate sensor as long as criteria above met. (When it is switched on).

Turn immersion stat to 85 deg C to ensure demand for power.

Turn main unit on. 2 red lights showing.

Turn sensor on. Initially a red light shows & then turns to green light.

Check main unit immersion led off and power led green. You will find 240v AC at immersion heater.

Turn immersion stat slowly down until clicks open. Green immersion light comes on and no power to immersion.

To prove, turn stat back up until click heard of contacts shutting. Immersion green led goes off, maybe a small delay here, and power is then fed to immersion heater.

Turn temp stat down until click heard and green light comes on, then further turn to desired temp about 60 deg. C.

Note. If house starts importing then sensor light turns red. The main unit Immersion led may still be off meaning immersion still calling for power, but Solic will not allow power to immersion until house exporting to grid again. I have noticed that the Solic will take priority over battery charging but not a lot you can do about this.

Last edited:

Latest posts