Song for Andy

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
recognise many of the places in there. some of it is old videos / images but many dont look all that old. or maybe the area just hasnt changed much...

no oil rigs now but this was taken from the same place as 44 seconds

DSC_3354 (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you liked it ,   I too found it evocative  of an era now lost forever .      When the lyrics say   "  The Neptune  was the last to go "    I imagine the last ship building yard  falling into decay .   Theres a certain aura to areas that once relied on  Ship building  , steel  or coal   which I could appreciate when working in Sheffield  , Newcastle  & The Rhondda .  

We worked  two weeks at  Dartford Power Station  near London ,  even asking directions was greeted with blank stares  , no offer to use the canteen or get a cuppa , no assistance with the project we were doing .  People cold as dead fish ,  closed books , supercilious  or cocky know it alls  .  

After a weekend  we set off Monday early  , up the A1 to Newcastle    ,  found the  folk warm , friendly , outgoing , welcoming  & helpful .   

I just played this again , 'cos I like it .  At the end theres a choice of other videos  , " The last public appearance of Sir Bobby Robson "        Wished I hadn't TBH .. but  you can feel the love & respect coming over in waves   .  Sadly no longer here . 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just played this again , 'cos I like it .  At the end theres a choice of other videos  , " The last public appearance of Sir Bobby Robson "        Wished I hadn't TBH .. but  you can feel the love & respect coming over in waves   .  Sadly no longer here . 
I had a nuclear bone scan in the centre that he did so much to open. He was an amazing man.