sparks own house

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25 amp mcbs are not readily available. I think mem and hager make them, the usuals like wylex mk etc don,t. I can't say ive ever used them.batty
might need to check that out here then batty, thanks,(perhaps kitchen on traditional ring then?!)

I have had cookers trip RCDs before, tho tbh prob not solely cookers fault, just a communal leakage where ckr/oven pushes it over limit.

really dont see a need for smokes(2 smokes 1 heat) to be on 30mA, tho your comments regards weekly check taken on board.

each bedroom on a 16 radial and living room on 2 radials, tv etc on 1, other skts on another.(purely down to leakages from plasma(heres hoping she allows me one), pc etc, not load,

all upstairs on RCD(main bed RCBO), L/R RCD, kitchen RCBOs.

lights will be spider system, 1 up, 1 down(non RCD as energy lamps trip them sometimes, (as do son/mercury O/S lights)

landing/smokes on own so maybe RCD possible and very noticable.

bathroom will be shower, down fused em light and heated mirror, 1 MCB/RCBO.

unsure yet as to outside supply/shed/socket, will deffo be 30mA protected but RCBO or RCD not sure as welder etc has seriously high leakage current so unknown if RCBO will hold discrepancy enough. maybe sole additional RCD for this.(?)

smokes tripping unknowingly"? The only reason they should trip is if the cable gets damaged; or an alarm goes u/s! If the power DID "unknowingly" trip, then 1) you "should" spot it on your `weekly` look at them, and 2) the backup batts would keep them working; albeit with an occasional "beep", which ought to alert you to a problem anyway.

Funnily enough - I was discussing that with my Best Mate, (Well actually - he's my only Mate :( , But we won't go into that :D ) The other day.

smokes tripping unknowingly"? The only reason they should trip is if the cable gets damaged; or an alarm goes u/s! If the power DID "unknowingly" trip, then 1) you "should" spot it on your `weekly` look at them, and 2) the backup batts would keep them working; albeit with an occasional "beep", which ought to alert you to a problem anyway.Funnily enough - I was discussing that with my Best Mate, (Well actually - he's my only Mate :( , But we won't go into that :D ) The other day.
I'll be your friend......

(you got that tenner in the post yet?!)

seriously tho, if you really need a mate that much, just put some beer in your garage and I'll be there to talk to anytime you need. :)

I am a bit peeved about the idea that I have to rcd a 40A cooker supply! I mean how the hell do you 'accidentally' put a nail through a circuit that will be hidden behind base units and wall tiles? Grrrrrrr....... X(

I am a bit peeved about the idea that I have to rcd a 40A cooker supply! I mean how the hell do you 'accidentally' put a nail through a circuit that will be hidden behind base units and wall tiles? Grrrrrrr....... X(
You wouldnt

but your not a diyer or kitchen fitter :) :)