Sparky turn nurse

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Job to replace 2 external lights.

I pull up to a row of remote (and i mean the middle of nowhere) terraced bungalows, get out the van & hear a barely audible

"help help ****ing help please help"

I shout out "hello where are you...do you need a hand"

"i'm here next door, please help me"

I go next door & the place is wide open with an old boy butt naked in a hospital bed, laying in his own mess with a catheter urinary bag full and backing up the pipe, with the motorized bed jacked up so he's slumped over & the controls had been left out of his reach.

Turns out the home help nurse left him at 10:00am & he had been calling for help for the past 4.5 hours (I got there at 17:00) & had spilt his drink while trying to reach the controls for the bed, so hadn't had sod all since the morning.

Sorted him out made a brew for him ............. Hope never to be left like that in my old age.

Went next door to do the work (key under mat) & when home owner came home, he said he's always round there because of the poor nursing the old boys getting.

Anyway did the work found a fried micky in the cu (picture later), rcd nicely bypassed (2001) during extension work by builders son who was a qualified sparks, so had to trace fault on socket circuit & remove bypass wiring.

All in a days work for a sparks.

Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

nice one M107! :x ; )

Hope your going to file a report on the nursing, too often these c**** get paid to do nothing half of em ride round all day spend as little time at each visit as possible so they can get back to the chippy to stuff their fat mush.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope your going to file a report on the nursing, too often these c**** get paid to do nothing half of em ride round all day spend as little time at each visit as possible so they can get back to the chippy to stuff their fat mush.
I got the doctor details off a packet of medication while making the brew, so will be dropping by the surgery on my way home tonight & will inform her of this chaps woes.

Job to replace 2 external lights.I pull up to a row of remote (and i mean the middle of nowhere) terraced bungalows, get out the van & hear a barely audible

"help help ****ing help please help"

I shout out "hello where are you...do you need a hand"

"i'm here next door, please help me"

I go next door & the place is wide open with an old boy butt naked in a hospital bed, laying in his own mess with a catheter urinary bag full and backing up the pipe, with the motorized bed jacked up so he's slumped over & the controls had been left out of his reach.

Turns out the home help nurse left him at 10:00am & he had been calling for help for the past 4.5 hours (I got there at 17:00) & had spilt his drink while trying to reach the controls for the bed, so hadn't had sod all since the morning.

Sorted him out made a brew for him ............. Hope never to be left like that in my old age.

Went next door to do the work (key under mat) & when home owner came home, he said he's always round there because of the poor nursing the old boys getting.

Anyway did the work found a fried micky in the cu (picture later), rcd nicely bypassed (2001) during extension work by builders son who was a qualified sparks, so had to trace fault on socket circuit & remove bypass wiring.

All in a days work for a sparks.
Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

language Jono

we have ladies present

Sorry my rant appears to have somehow avoided the swear filter? people do get irate at times you know.

Sorry my rant appears to have somehow avoided the swear filter? people do get irate at times you know.
think mr Admin fixed it as people who lived in Scunthorpe were getting upset when there town was filtered. :D

You've upset Admin 2 - :eek:

That was me patch - Didn't realise that Admin 2 was still logged in. :eek:

think mr Admin fixed it as people who lived in S****horpe were getting upset when there town was filtered. :D You've upset Admin 2 - :eek:
S****horpe should be filtered!

Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Just nice to see a caring person who spent time to make the poor chap a brew.

Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley