Spraying Aluminum Van Tubes Advice.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, just to upset all the hammerite guys,

can you not get SMOOTHRITE in England.? it might look a bit better,   ;)

musta had to rebrand it for England Wales maybe in case they were too thick to know what it was,  :slap

150px-Smoothrite_3511-4.jpg

Hammerite 'Hammered'   &   Hammerite 'Smooth'......

IMG-20140510-00263.jpg  or  IMG-20140510-00262.jpg

They musta done it just for us Thick-Uns!!!!

:slap

They have I think changed the formula of Hammerite. Was a time when good old white spirit wouldn't touch it to clean the brushes out and it was a throw away job unless you bought their own thinners. Now though a quick slosh in white spirit and a rinse under the kitchen tap when the wife's not looking and they're like new! 

.......maybe it's the white spirit that's changed?  :lol:

They have I think changed the formula of Hammerite. Was a time when good old white spirit wouldn't touch it to clean the brushes out and it was a throw away job unless you bought their own thinners. Now though a quick slosh in white spirit and a rinse under the kitchen tap when the wife's not looking and they're like new!

.......maybe it's the white spirit that's changed? :lol:
Not for me :( painted a gate not so long ago and had to bin the brushes :( there thinners is expensive @ £10 + for a tin rather than £1 for white spirit. :lol:

Latest posts