Stabbed in the back by a builder

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
Builder last year built my garage,,,,good price,good job

he asked me to look over some plans for his new 4 bed house and garage he was going to build and wanted a 'ball park' figure for the electrics

Builder last year built my garage,,,,good price,good jobhe asked me to look over some plans for his new 4 bed house and garage he was going to build and wanted a 'ball park' figure for the electrics

simaler thing happend to me, builder ring me up and told me he had a bloke who he didn't want to do the work charge 5300, could i match or better it. came in a 4700,

found out the he the told the original spark i came in at 4200 could he match it, and went with him!!!

i wouldn't mind but he never called me back to ask if i would do it for that price!!!

This is what I come to expect from builders over the years. I now only have two who are trustworthy regarding prices etc.

The others are about as trustworthy as a politician with his expenses claim.

Lesson learned , I'm afraid , guys.!!!

I only do work with two local builders. In both cases I send the estimates to the end client direct and it is then up to them to accept or decline. Payment comes direct from client too.

Works for me.

I'm not sure what planet builders live on, but it is certainly not the same as Electricians & Plumbers.

I do believe my boys have left in a hurry (Destination unknown).

The Don never asks why, but I'm sure they have good reason.

The Godfather

i only work for two builders now, they have been round long enough to know prices for jobs, from a simple porch to a 2up2down extension, i go and have a look round to make sure they havn't missed anything unusual but they rarely ask me for a price, just tell me when to start, never have payment problems, i just charge what i want and know they still make their bit on top of that.

they are both very accommodating with time and if i need a hand its always there.

not all builders are the same breed, but i admit its taken 20yrs to find these 2 decent builders lol having been robbed, abused, ripped off and let down by countless others, but like my Guiness Drink, i'm not bitter

i only work for two builders now, they have been round long enough to know prices for jobs, from a simple porch to a 2up2down extension, i go and have a look round to make sure they havn't missed anything unusual but they rarely ask me for a price, just tell me when to start, never have payment problems, i just charge what i want and know they still make their bit on top of that.they are both very accommodating with time and if i need a hand its always there.

not all builders are the same breed, but i admit its taken 20yrs to find these 2 decent builders lol having been robbed, abused, ripped off and let down by countless others, but like my Guiness Drink, i'm not bitter
Treasure them Betty, there are not many about like that.