Stanley Knives

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ally83

Reaction score
I dont know what the rules are in the domestic side of the game but in the oil and gas industry knives are big no no. For about 3 years I secretly kept my trusted stanley t***** in my side pocket of my boiler suit and used when the coast was clear.

But the problem has got worse when a roughneck took my knife and cut his hand, making me public enemy number one with the health and saftey people.

The question I ask is, what can you use to strip cable that gives the same results as a stanley??

I have ordered a kew technik s.w.a stripper which will solve the problem for s.w.a, but I have to strip 300mm squared singles, various ships cables not to mention sy's and flexs aswell. Is there a tool out there that can strip all of these cables other than a stanley knife?

the knipex dismantling knife and the knipex s range cable knife are the best, well this is what i have found anyway, the dismantling knife is best suited for the SWAs because of its curved blade. i tend to always be using my cables croppers though and get good results every time even on the smaller cables once you get the hang of how much pressure to use

there towards the bottom of page:

http://www.thecrimpcompany.com/scpro/crimp/products/productstools.asp?prodcategory=703&parentcat=118&parentcatname=KNIPEX%20Tools&prodname=Knipex%20Fully%20Insulated%20Pliers%20and%20Cutters&page=3&order=sort&subsort=&id=703

Cheers sparkss but I was maybe a little vague. ALL knives are banned, even the tiny little swiss army ones you can use as a key ring, no joke.

Health and safety would ban blinking if they had a sniff of a complaint from somebody regarding it!!!

I so know what you mean.

I work in the brewery/Pub trade & we have just had all knives banned, We have to use pipe cutters now.

Such a lash way to strip back cable etc....

As you do. I still keep a trusty knife in pocket-Noone borrows it.....

Health & Safety gone mad Chaps, that's what it is. :(

Welshy won't let let me or KME near the knife cupboard:( :(

won't even lets us have cutters or scissors!!!

or screwdrivers! :_|

too many sharp bits......

he says we'd only carve rude words on the canteen tables!! ]:)

all he lets us have is...

PVC tape

and plastic rawlplugs! X(

If it ain't plastic..... we cant have it!!!

but he don't know that we know how to get in the back of Steptoes yard and open his toolbox that he leaves on the back of his cart!!! ]:) :D

I dont know what the rules are in the domestic side of the game but in the oil and gas industry knives are big no no. For about 3 years I secretly kept my trusted stanley t***** in my side pocket of my boiler suit and used when the coast was clear. But the problem has got worse when a roughneck took my knife and cut his hand, making me public enemy number one with the health and saftey people.

The question I ask is, what can you use to strip cable that gives the same results as a stanley??

I have ordered a kew technik s.w.a stripper which will solve the problem for s.w.a, but I have to strip 300mm squared singles, various ships cables not to mention sy's and flexs aswell. Is there a tool out there that can strip all of these cables other than a stanley knife?
Is this purely a saftey issue? ?:|

You can gash yourself pretty bad with a screwdriver if it slips!!

I know I've done it a few times...

So they will be banning them next as well!!

Strip cables with your teeth..

Tighten screw with your fingernails! ]:)

Just you wait... it'll come! :(

:_| what is this site coming to :^O :^Oevening people...... :D
Is that a quiz?

answers on a postcard to admin by Friday 15:00...

first card pulled out of the girlie toolbag ...

gets a prize of WW's top shelf:p

evening FSB)

Is that a quiz?answers on a postcard to admin by Friday 15:00...

first card pulled out of the girlie toolbag ...

gets a prize of WW's top shelf:p

woop wooop wooop tell me wot i won, go one tell me pleeeeease

evening FSB)
evening sl B)

I'm gonna tell KME you've been in his scooby snack box....he's gonna be very... very..... very......

angry!!!!!!!!! X(
Don`t need to tell me. I caught it all on the CCTV.

"If you keep on eating them all the time, there won`t be any left when you do something really good."

Come on guys, take your medication nicely:

OR I`ll RAM IT DOWN YOUR FLAMIN THROAT

X(X( X(

Latest posts