State Pensions

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was going to be 68 before I am decrepit enough to receive it? but I am sure by the time I get close to that, the ladder will be pulled up just a little further.

Yet in just 3 years time I can now cash in my private pensions for cash if I want to.

Oh and I'm already receiving one (small) private pension.

What a crazy mixed up system we have.

I thought it was going to be 68 before I am decrepit enough to receive it? but I am sure by the time I get close to that, the ladder will be pulled up just a little further.

Yet in just 3 years time I can now cash in my private pensions for cash if I want to.

Oh and I'm already receiving one (small) private pension.

What a crazy mixed up system we have.
And if you cash in all your pensions and spend the money on Lamborghini's and camel's you'd probably still be entitled to a state pension!Crazy indeed...

Last edited by a moderator:
And if you cash in all your pensions and spend the money on Lamborghini's and camel's you'd probably still be entitled to a state pension!

Crazy indeed...
I'm considering cashing in the one pension I have that's not final salary. I simply don't trust them to give a decent annuity rate, unless this change in the law gives them a kick up the aris to start offering decent annuity rates again.  Otherwise the cash will come out and go into buy to let, not a lamborghini.

Yes Noz, chase it up and make sure they have your up do date address etc.

And whatever you do, don't cash in a final sallary pension.

and your state pension!
Is that going to be worth anything in another xx years (26 years till I'm 70 :eek: )

Yes Noz, chase it up and make sure they have your up do date address etc.

And whatever you do, don't cash in a final sallary pension.
They've probably already sold it out to some shysters ;)

MoD pension should be safe :)

On apprentice wages with a young daughter so give me a year or so and a pensions will be sorted out :)
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic but you have youth on your side and time. Try and start a fund, put money in as often as you can and remember if you work for a company they have to provide you with a small percentage of your salary into a fund, so their contribution, yours and tax relief all starts to add up.

It's ok Murdoch I know that I need to get one sorted but I'll still have time when im 25 and I don't like the idea of the whole private pension being invested to make more money Id rather just pay into a ISA
The advantage of paying into a pension is that if you are ever assessed by the DWP, a pension "pot" is not included in your savings whereas ISA savings are..... so if you have over £16K then your ability to claim some benefits is reduced or even not allowed.

Latest posts