storage heater trippin / not working!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane

Reaction score
Hi i got a cpex 2550 storage heater with the writing made in uk by S>T>L on a label. It dont work any more due to clothing being placed on it. the fronts off and bricks are out. cant see any reset switch or internal strip or fuse. wen swithched on during e7 hourds the switch board fuse trips. any ideas. Im quite handy with stuff usually but i need a little help other than spending lots as im unemployed.

Regards

Hi i got a cpex 2550 storage heater with the writing made in uk by S>T>L on a label. It dont work any more due to clothing being placed on it. the fronts off and bricks are out. cant see any reset switch or internal strip or fuse. wen swithched on during e7 hourds the switch board fuse trips. any ideas. Im quite handy with stuff usually but i need a little help other than spending lots as im unemployed. Regards
something is shorting to earth/neutral. possible that the fuse link has melted and touched the metal case? failing that, try each element to see if any are faulty