Storage Heater

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bez

Reaction score
Evening all,

Got a call tomorrow to a storage heater (3Kw) not working. It's only 12 months old and is Denmans own version of the Dimplex Auto.

My question is, do any of you have experience of these and do they have a re-settable link, or the melting version. I only ask as I have to pass Denmans on my way and will pick up a link, (fairly sure that's the problem as they have come clean about covering it! headbang ), if they are of the melting variety.

Cheers

Evening all,

Got a call tomorrow to a storage heater (3Kw) not working. It's only 12 months old and is Denmans own version of the Dimplex Auto.

My question is, do any of you have experience of these and do they have a re-settable link, or the melting version. I only ask as I have to pass Denmans on my way and will pick up a link, (fairly sure that's the problem as they have come clean about covering it! headbang ), if they are of the melting variety.

Cheers

may have a thermal cut out that requires re setting, especially if they say they have been covering it

may have a thermal cut out that requires re setting, especially if they say they have been covering it

Thanks Andy, sounds plausable

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

Cheers PC

Thanks Andy, sounds plausable

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 18:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

Cheers PC

Had a problem earlier in the year with burnt out Thermal cut-outs in these heaters, all made by GDC (Glen, Dimplex, Creda)

See Thread

TSR 24 AW STORAGE HEATER FAULT ALERT

Had a problem earlier in the year with burnt out Thermal cut-outs in these heaters, all made by GDC (Glen, Dimplex, Creda)

See Thread

Had a problem earlier in the year with burnt out Thermal cut-outs in these heaters, all made by GDC (Glen, Dimplex, Creda)See Thread

Cheers for the heads up

Had a problem earlier in the year with burnt out Thermal cut-outs in these heaters, all made by GDC (Glen, Dimplex, Creda)See Thread

Cheers for the heads up

some of the dimplex heaters have a stat at the back, if there not pulled down from transit position they will keep tripping out.