Setting digital timer on electric wall mounted heaters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul

Reaction score
I fitted a creda 1.5kw heater and the customer wants it set to only come on 4am till 9am 7 days a week. No way could we overide factory timer settings, so took it back and got an airmaster 1.5kw with same problem as could only override 3 of the 12 pre sets which wasnt explained in the description.
It's done our heads in as need to show elderly customer how to do it once we can do it !
So 3rd time lucky I hope and picked up a Hyco 2kw from trade counter confirming if this one can't be set to only timing we want it will be coming back too ! for a dimplex plx2000e as a last resort ! Why are they so complicated to set or not capable of only doing timings you want manually ?
Starting to miss the old mechanical pin timer type before lot20 took over !

Normally fit these: https://www.manrose.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/doc/cataloguepage/Panel_Heater_Datasheet.pdf as thats what the wholesaler I use gnerally carries, now there is some setting up to do, but I don't find it too bad, you get a representation of a clock face on the LCD and you go around it toggling sections on and off sort of reminisent of the old timers with the sliding blocks, only slightly clunky bit was copying one day to the rest, but not too bad once you had confirmed you were doing it right by going back and looking at the times.

Seems odd that any heater would have presets which couldn't be altered, that goes against the whole thing of having controls so it is not on and wasting heat when not required

Normally fit these: https://www.manrose.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/doc/cataloguepage/Panel_Heater_Datasheet.pdf as thats what the wholesaler I use gnerally carries, now there is some setting up to do, but I don't find it too bad, you get a representation of a clock face on the LCD and you go around it toggling sections on and off sort of reminisent of the old timers with the sliding blocks, only slightly clunky bit was copying one day to the rest, but not too bad once you had confirmed you were doing it right by going back and looking at the times.

Seems odd that any heater would have presets which couldn't be altered, that goes against the whole thing of having controls so it is not on and wasting heat when not required

I think the creda one was just a duff heater timer. But the airmaster did our heads in so I think it's just a hate of digital timers on those heaters now that's causing a mental block of them lol ! Going in workshop now to set up and try to work the Hyco Accona heater timer settings before taking it back to the customer to try and explain in simple terms and my own written instructions drawings for old customer on how to set it .
It's a fair travel to job so I don't want to have to go back every time she wants to alter timer.
Update, I think I've managed to set it now thanks to you tube not the confusing comic that comes with it ! Fingers crossed it'll stay sorted when I fit it later in the week .

Last edited:
As far as I can see, all the mentioned heaters have adjustable time periods ?
The Creda also has some preset modes such as "In all Day" and "Out all Day", but they can be adjusted too.

I have a similar hate of digital timers.
Our village hall 7 Day CH programmer has a minimum period of 10 minutes, 3 times a day.
You can't set those periods to zero !
And if you want to reset a Start times to later, and that time is later than the current End time, you have to cycle through to set a later End time first.
Then go round again and set the new Start time.
I ended up putting a £10 SonOff wireless switch into the Thermostat feed, so I could easily programme (program ?) the time periods.
And do it at home !

The Hyco has the time on and off in the same block setting then the other 4 settings for that day can be set to zero. Then repeat for rest of week with icon to A automatic.
But to set clock and temp I set icon to M manual
So hopefully it will now come on and off 4am -9am 7days at temp customer wants.
Thanks you tube.