stove register plate

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainydays

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has ever fitted a register plate for a multi fuel stove before.

I was planning to fix angle iron to the chimney breast and then bolt the plate to this.

My concern is "will i be able to nip the nuts and bolts up nice and tight and be able to undo them at some time in the future or will i have to weld the bolt heads to the angle iron?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has ever fitted a register plate for a multi fuel stove before.I was planning to fix angle iron to the chimney breast and then bolt the plate to this.

My concern is "will i be able to nip the nuts and bolts up nice and tight and be able to undo them at some time in the future or will i have to weld the bolt heads to the angle iron?

Thanks in advance for any replies
Hope this is not to late but i get the angle welded then screw to bottom of chimney,

then get plate with hole cut out and manouver into position so that it rests inside the angle iron tube of fire cement onto angle edge then some self tappers through angle into plate .

Job done;) ;)

I was about to say that my Brother maybe the one to ask, BUT this forum is full of clever people. :x

:D