Stupid designs to solve a non-existent problem??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked in SFX in those days all the big studios and centres. The BEEB insisted on their branded MK plugs and we all used to steel them.

Ohh dear... you may need to lie low for a bit now?
With an open public confession of stealing...

Although the wiring regs are not retrospective...
I am sure that retrospective court cases can be brought against historic offences!!!
Watch out for that early morning knock on the door with blue flashing lights outside!!

Ant there were those "special" MK 13A plugs and sockets with the earth pin on it's side.

I am sure I also remember some "special" plug with a combination of round and square pins?
I used to find these plugs in theatre control rooms. Probably to stop domestic staff from using the sockets for cleaning etc and unplugging important control gear.

I used to find these plugs in theatre control rooms. Probably to stop domestic staff from using the sockets for cleaning etc and unplugging important control gear.
We used to find them in dedicated computer rooms with big old mainframes and punch cards which required a clean supply.

We used to find them in dedicated computer rooms with big old mainframes and punch cards which required a clean supply.
We used to use the MK 'T' bar earth for all clean supplies and kit that had to stay on 24/7

Ohh dear... you may need to lie low for a bit now?
With an open public confession of stealing...

Although the wiring regs are not retrospective...
I am sure that retrospective court cases can be brought against historic offences!!!
Watch out for that early morning knock on the door with blue flashing lights outside!!
Yes they can!! I was once told by a retired chief superintendant that there is no time limit for a complaint [reporting a crime] to the police!

john..

In the hospital where i worked they had 13A plugs with "Hospital Property" printed on them..

john..
They did indeed MK also. I was in Hillingdon hospital in my teens and those days you could bring in your own television. My father brought in an old black and white portable and hospital maintenance cut it off it's plug to fit the MK hospital property plug was still on it when we took it home.

Pointless inventions?
That 'Magna Mole' cabling tool,that was on Dragons Den, all the Dragons wet themselves and wanted a piece.
It was so good the wholesalers gave them away for £1 if you spent £25!!!!!!!!

You need to try one to fully appreciate its pitfalls
I was waiting for someone to mention magna mole, talk about reinventing the wheel :D

I was waiting for someone to mention magna mole, talk about reinventing the wheel :D
I had one given
Can't pull,, only push
Each section held together by magnets, put two together and it 'goes on the lazy lob'

Compare and contrast with Super Rod! I have TWO mega sets and some other bits. Paid for itself many times over. Also have the insulated set and the 🦎
Also bought the first set of Racketeers in the country marketed by Super Rod

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts