Subby Looking For Work In London

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yid0

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 31, self-employed (CIS registered) with 15 months site experience. I've got an ECS card. No 17th edition as yet, but will have on 9th December. Mainly experienced in office/hospital refurbs and domestic work. I'm based in Brentford. Willing to commute into London. Looking for anything!

Please help :pray

Don't wish to sound rude, but have you had a trawl through the job websites? From what I've seen there would appear to be a few vacancies within London area! Some rates are questionable but that's the JIB for you.

Hi,

Yes I've been looking, but without the 17th edition and more experience, the only thing available is Mate work at about £280-per-week!

Thats crazy, and totally unrealistic for sparks mate,

Unfortunately atm that i all you are, you has had 4 years to upgrade from 16th,

or have you only have 15months experience in total?

if so then even with 17th you still wont be a spark,

Sorry to be blunt, but maybe this is why you are looking for work, dillusioned about what you are worth.

Finished college in May last year. Started subbing self-employed in July last year. Just finished the NVQ3 a couple of months ago. Taking the regs (for the first time) in just under a month's time, will be done on 9th December. Once I've got the certificate for that, I'll get my JIB card. Did bits and pieces whilst at college, but been working full-time on site for 15 months. Started on £70-per-day and been on £100-per-day since May this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts