Summer house wiring

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking to put a summer house in the garden I already have armoured cable which is running to the garden shed at the bottom of the garden which powers a light and 1 x double socket.
The summer house will sit between the house and the Garden shed

My question would be I would like to put in 3 double sockets into the summer house and could I put a junction box within the armoured cable that runs to the garden shed and feed electric into the summer house and then connecting all 3 sockets in sequence.
Is this a safe method please?

Hi yes there is quite a bit of slack as it was screwed to the fence ,I’m planning to bury it I imagine there is a couple of foot.

I was thinking of putting the junction box on the concrete post around a foot off the ground and then running the feed to the summer house under the ground, through conduit.

Different sparks prefer different methods, and most will be correct if the right kit is used and properly installed, I personally prefer it to be mounted so that it is inspectable and so easily modified in the future.