Swann Dvr - Need To Get Some Video From It

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
friend of mine has a swann H.264 4 channel DVR and i need to get some footage from it. problem being, the DVR has no buttons, and the remote is missing. it does have a USB mouse, but cant get it to do anything. according to the manual, the menu button is on the missing remote...

ive taken the HDD out of it and put it into PC, it spins, but wont do anything else

any ideas?

Does it have a network connection?  

Many of them can connect to a network, presumably you can download video over that?
yes, it has a network connection, however, it was never set up. im going to try it, but i dont think it will work

Canoe - i was hoping it could be read by PC, but it looks like it cant

I set up a DVR a few weeks back. You could do everything using it's mouse, including all setup functions and rewinding and playing recorded video.

The way some of the menu's worked were not immediately intuitive to a PC user, and some menu's would only pop up on screen when you hovered in the right place.

Do you have the manual?

You could try "DiskInternals" if you have a windoze pc. A lot of these devices use linux - it's not usually cost effective to design an in-house OS...

Glad you got it working. As far as i am aware with the Swann gear   ( and most others i have used) the networking  is only for live viewing the HDD  unless you were  additionally recording remotely, but then you would be accessing that  and not the host HDD.

If you need any thing checked i have 2 Swann  kits on my shelf.