Taking the peas

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkayelectrical

Reaction score
Just had a call from some one wanting a eicr report on a nursing home, sai his bet quote so far was

God knows the bloke sounds English not sure who the quote as of it he was trying to pull one, next week might be abit slow on work but not that slow.

I would have told him

'no thanks mate,,,i'll stay in bed if you dont mind'

i did a 30% visual on a nursing home,,, 9 boards

and any small remedials as i went along

Only today a mate of mine said he new of this spark who need a bit of help next week rewiring a doctors surgery, so I said cool give me his number, anyway phones him up has a chat was looking good Mmm then he says the day rate he could pay was

It must be a testing company I use to work for one, you be expected to test both property's in 3days while it was occupied Zs reading only and make the rest up!!!!

Yep it was a pat company another thing he said he had booked the 80 ccts in for end of the month an can get in there at 12 noon, hw said should have a problem testing it allbin 2 aftenoons! What a dong

Only today a mate of mine said he new of this spark who need a bit of help next week rewiring a doctors surgery, so I said cool give me his number, anyway phones him up has a chat was looking good Mmm then he says the day rate he could pay was

Last edited by a moderator:
thats assuming you work mon-fri every day of the year with no holidays. also assuming you have no business overheads, such as van, tools, insurance, fuel, phone etc. your 31K / year is starting to drop pretty quickly....

As andy says, while its not a bad rate to be being paid 'on the cards', its a terrible one to be charging the customer as overheads have to come out of it. A general rule of thumb is rate to customer just a tad under twice what you want to earn. So if you are charging out at 15 quid on hour, you might be earning the equivelent of a wage of 8 quid on hour... doesnt look quite as good does it, lol
i agree,but he was supplying labour only so its not a bad day rate really,