Talking About Phones .............

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sidewinder.

I think the double tap n swipe thing only let's you kill what you are using ie browser, dialer, messages etc.

I use an app called advanced task manager where you can kill all these silly apps either automatically by setting a time or by manually using the widget.

Not yet found a way of stopping things like samsung health and chatOn from re appearing ; (

A feature for most Samsungs they dont tell you, if you press & hold the large button on the bottom of the screen  for about  3 seconds  when unlocked it brings  up the task manager & all running programs which you can kill one at a time or all. 

Just for Deke....

I took this screen shot a few hours ago after I got home from being at Bala to the weekend,, my phone was on charge until 17:25 on Friday...as you can see its at 58% after 2 days and a few hours

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/nozspark/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2014-09-07-19-57-19.png

To get it to last this well I turned off the WiFi, mobile internet, bluetooth and GPS,, I also put the phone into "Extreme power saving" mode

I had 2 short phone calls, I took a couple of photos, took a 1 min video and a quick look on the internet ring this time

I have full internet access running ...there are 100 blockbuster films ... 1000 Mbytes of  music ... apps for everything in the world... a 1000 watt floodlight .... an app to start the van in case of a flat battery ...and will run a 9KW shower for 15 mins in case of a power cut .    

Battery lasts for a month between charges

index.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can always turn off the bluse tooth/wifi etc but if you are in a poor signal area, the phone will use more "power" using a stronger signal "hand shaking" with the network.