temp supply

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one of the plasterers rang me to say one of the other "sparks" put him on a temp supply but his mixer kept cutting in and out.

2 X 3Kw trannys, and 3 X 500w halogens running on this,,,,,,,,,,,

BTW, there was a bit of copper in the plugtop.

OH, and although the earth from the T&E was going into the CU, the CU had NO earth going to the cut-out..!

View attachment 822

DSC_0016.jpg

The DB is in place, why didn't he just connect the tails and feed the socket out of the DB????

So the bit of copper in the plug top was to stop the 13A fuse from blowing so it could draw more than 13A which according to certain people could never happen?

That worker doesn`t even deserve the title "sparx", IMO

I`m not going to call him a "female bull young man", I`ve seen better "work" from them.

Do I assume he isn`t working there anymore, or is he the boss` relative you mentioned????? ;)

So the bit of copper in the plug top was to stop the 13A fuse from blowing so it could draw more than 13A which according to certain people could never happen?
ah, so its magically fine if its a spur from a ring main.

well thats that problem solved: just need a make that socket into a ring and its good

Had the spark measured the exact resistance of the copper tube to confirm it would draw 32Amps through that bit of 2.5 for 35days and melt the cable in a big bad day explode ?

thats it,

That worker doesn`t even deserve the title "sparx", IMOI`m not going to call him a "female bull young man", I`ve seen better "work" from them.

Do I assume he isn`t working there anymore, or is he the boss` relative you mentioned????? ;)
exactly, cant wait for a couple of years until he is the works manager, :_|

Fuseboard looks neat though.
it was a different spark done the CU,

he came, removed the isolator(no tails from it to CU as some circuits/accessories not connected) and stuck some connectors on to the tails and put a single socket on them.

oh, there was also the small illegal activity called theft, defined by the act of extracting electricity without payment, have a look at the loop of brown below the meter....