Testing and Inspection 2392

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jas Electrics

Reaction score
Hi All

I have passed my level 2 and level 3 2330 and just finished my 17th edition

can some one tell me a bit about the 2392 and post some practise questions up or some mock papers?

Hi All

i have been told by college to do the 2392 first then the 2391

Or are they just trying to make money

Does anyone know what we have to do for the practical exam?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 08:13 ---------- Previous post was made at 08:12 ----------

can anyone paste any exam papers on here??

If you have not had much testing experience or knowledge of it, then I would recommend you do the 2392 first. The 2391 is not really for beginners. The 2392 will show you the basics of what you really need to know. Then the 2391 kicks it up a notch or two.

The 2330 lvl3 practicals are harder than 2392. If you've passed them your halfway there so go for the 2391

2392 was brought in for Domestic Installers who don't have any knowledge

*edit* just dug out some old test sheets from college sessions and found one from a 2392 board which consisted of

Cooker circuit

Radial socket

Two way light circuit

blank

blank

blank

Ring Circuit (2 sockets)

ROTFWL

Compare that to the 2330 lvl 3 board

DOL Starter/Motor

Ring (6 sockets)

Radial Socket

Two Way light with intermediate

Light/Fan

Shower

Single Light

Supply to Garage CU

Garage CU

Radial

Lights

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with above statement about level 3 assessment being harder than 2392, I did them both last November. I dont think your college is trying to cash in, the failure rate on 2391 is quite high and have been told that without experience it is likely u will fail.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:02 ----------

An 2391 example question I found;

Section B Questions 21 to 26 refer to the following scenario. Answer ALL SIX questions. All questions carry equal marks.

The inspection and testing of a domestic premises is to be carried out after an existing consumers

Last edited by a moderator: