Testing - How much / what to charge for a PIR

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilers

Reaction score
Hi all just wanted some thoughts on what you would be charging to carry out a PIR working through the night for two 5 day weeks at 10 hours per night for 2 sparks? We have come in at

Im on the southcoast and just started up so pricing is new to me! Please excuse me

Whats premium rate i know that the prices change thought out the country. Thanks again guys

More along my lines mate, though Night Work, you need to think about what you are loosing as well as gaining.

I would be looking at time & 2/3rds or double time to be honest.

More along my lines mate, though Night Work, you need to think about what you are loosing as well as gaining.I would be looking at time & 2/3rds or double time to be honest.
Just put your own numbers in for hourly rate and percentage you want for working silly hours:)

If as stated you have just started you probbaly need the money, however if you have just started up can you handle a job of this size, i certainly would have to walk away :(

philbas,

That is along the lines of my "what you are loosing" bit.

Even now when I am really busy, when I have to do say 3 days locked away during the day at one of Her Majesties Hotels, other customers and other jobs take a hit, so to do 2 wks solid nights on one job when just starting up could really hit your growth?

I have a HUGE EICR coming up in the New Year, well at least for me anyway!

1600A TN-S incomer & a 250A TN-C-S incomer, about 12 3ph panel boards as well as the main switch, probably another 12 DB's.

It will be a 100%'er as no records at all available, don't ask, very long story!

I have to get this done and "Acceptable" by the end of Feb, this will take a hit on my other customers so I may be looking at additional bodies, perhaps 3 or 4 just to get the time down & "time slicing" with breakdown customers.

OP I would seriously think about how this much time on one job will affect your other customers & the growth of your business.

Yes you need the money, we all do, don't sell yourself and the rest of us short, try to realise what this will mean to the rest of your business.

Thanks for the advice guys, the jobs not going to be started until February and theres me and one other sparks, yeah the cash in the bank would be nice and I've been out talking to local business to drum up some work but i don't expect to hear anything from anyone until after the new year. Im going to take the job of course since an ex colleague is now the maintenance spark on site and has lined it up for me this will also lead onto other installs on the same site. This is a client i want to keep happy so i want to give a good price so thanks for your input I've decided the way I'm price it now so thanks

100 ccts a day they having a laugh! I recently tested a new install and to do it by the book I was still finding it hard to do 25-30 a day thats with 2 of us.

Welcome to the world of electrical testing company's, they are all at it .i work for the MOD and do about 20 circuits a day by the book.The biggest problem is the NICEIC. They no it goes on but are only interested in what I'm doing and not anyone else HSE know about it but can't police it they only investigate it if something happens