Testing Zs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron2012

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a student on a electrotechnical course. I have a question if you dont mind.

When testing Zs, say before or after changing a socket, does everything need to be unplugged from the other sockets in the house or property before testing?

Sorry if this is a basic question.

Thanks,

Aaron.

Hello everyone,I am a student on a electrotechnical course. I have a question if you dont mind.

When testing Zs, say before or after changing a socket, does everything need to be unplugged from the other sockets in the house or property before testing?

Thanks,

Aaron.
There is no need to apologise however basic a question is, as its posted in the student zone all questions will be taken seriously, when learning we all had moments where we thought we were going mad, and a simple explanation is all it needs to get you back on track. Keep up the good work and if you have any more problems on your course just ask here for advise.

There is no need to apologise however basic a question is, as its posted in the student zone all questions will be taken seriously, when learning we all had moments where we thought we were going mad, and a simple explanation is all it needs to get you back on track. Keep up the good work and if you have any more problems on your course just ask here for advise.
Just to add, everyone on here is a student and still learning.

It's just some of them have been students a lot longer than us and learnt a lot more, but when you stop learning it's time to retire :)

Hello everyone,I am a student on a electrotechnical course. I have a question if you dont mind.

Thanks,

Aaron.
Nothing at all wrong with your question. It's how everyone learns and it shows that you're keen to do things right.

Only a suggestion but I always unplug all other loads

to avoid the possibility of parallel paths.

Zee might be right, but I have always done this.