Texecom Elite 24......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
I have been given a lot of Texecom Elite 24 stuff, so i am going to fit it at home as my old Optima Plus is on its last legs.

So, when i map, for example, Zone 1 on RKP 2 to Zone 1 main panel and configure this as E/E.....and then do the same for zone 2 as Guard access DO I PHYSICALLY DO ANYTHING at the corresponding Zone 1&2 on the main panel,terminals?

I am guessing that I just leave these two,terminal with no wires connected. The book is a bit unclear.

All going to be done with Wintex as life is too,short to be pressing all those buttons

Also, can i upload all my settings from the laptop straight to the panel as it comes out of the box ( with temp Batt connected on kick start setting ) or am i better getting it mounted and all zones connected?

Not my usual,field of work....even though I have done loads of alarms over the years. So I thought it prudent to ask before I knacker loads of kit, including

2 prox keypads...one in SS

Comms boards

PC connection

24 way board

Prox tokens etc

All legal,and above board and NEW.......reeeeeeesult

Many thanks

never used the premier/elite stuff, but if its anything like veritas, then it should be fairly simple
Would that it was that simple

The USB Com adapter is not supported in Win7 so i have had to download a driver from FTDIchip.com to create a virtual port.

It can be programmed from the RKPs BUT it is so much easier on a Laptop.

Did one with a mate a couple of years ago so i may have to go and borrow his lapdancer

Top dogs cojones when installed, WHEN!