Texecom Premier Fault

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anybody good with the Texecom Premier range. I have a Premier 816 International installed in my house. I used to be good with these, but after 6/7 years out of the game, I struggle to even remember how to get into engineers mode.

Anyway, LED, keypad. System shows up a 'Service' light. gets the manual out and figures how to read what service fault there is. Turns out a Battery Fault. Figured as much as it was due a change anyway. So, I get a new battery and fitted it. Acknowledged fault and reset system. Service light still on, same fault. So, I checked pcb for fuses and as I remembered, there aren't any. They are all electronic, resettable jobbies. So, where to go next?

dont know about premier, but i know on others you can set a service date - may just be that whats the problem, and nothing actually wrong with the system?

Not a bad call. I don't remember setting one, but you never know. Will check it out tomorrow after work. Kids in bed now, so need to keep the noise down. beep-beep-beep-beep lol

Check your incoming 240v, and that the transformer is working correctly.

Hopefully doesn't need an "engineers' reset" ie eng reset code to clear.

Might find the default code online somewhere.

@Col, I am the engineer. I used to be an alarm engineer some 6-7 years ago. Did it for about 6 years too. But done very little since. I never took AC off in the first place. But, checked and OK. Also removed to see if battery kicked in.... and it did.

I set the system last night and when I disarmed this morning the fault had cleared. I know the system drop tests the battery everyday at midnight, so maybe it needed to do that, or maybe the battery was pretty flat from being store and fault not cleared until fully charged. Who knows, but it's sorted now.

Cheers

Thats how they work Barx, some fire alarm panels work in the same way, after fitting the latest one I got a call that the service light was on, first thoughts were OH no, anyway when the batteries fully charged it was sorted.