Thank god I'm self employed.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a12jpm

Reaction score
Job advertised on the job seekers site.

Pay = national minimum wage!!!

So just before you spend your savings on a training course guys bare in mind you'll probably still get more money night shift in your local supermarket.

Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer

Vacancy from

Job No:BHL/15381SOC

Code:5241

WageMeets Nat Min Wage

Hours40 hours per week Monday - Friday Days/NightsLocationBellshill, Lanarkshire ML4

DurationPermanent

Date posted23 April 2012

Pension detailsNo details held

Description

Must be aged 18+ as may be working nights. My client currently requires an Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias to work in a busy manufacturing environment. To be considered for this role candidates will possess the following: City and Guilds apprenticeship with HNC/HND Electrical Engineering preferred or equivalent , IEEE 17th Edition. Knowledge of PLC systems diagnostics and minor modification. Reliability, OEE and Continuous Improvement techniques. Detailed use of CMMS and application. A background in PPM and reactive maintenance in a manufacturing environment. The employer has claimed an exception under the Equality Act 2010.

You're not wrong mate! Best thing I ever did after years of drudgery for pittance :) I am sure there will be a few that will dip their toes in, more for working pride than the lowly wage they have on offer!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 12:03 ---------- Previous post was made at 12:01 ----------

You're not wrong mate! Best thing I ever did after years of drudgery for pittance :) I am sure there will be a few that will dip their toes in, more for working pride than the lowly wage they have on offer! It does get to you when these businesses offer such a low wage for a very skilled profession, but no doubt they sleep easy at night!

Ive rang a few up looking for subbies and they said nat min wage too, on ringing it was actually not too bad, nothing amazing, but a decent enough wage if you had no work on.

When the jobcentre site says national minimum it's because they don't have the exact wage details so that defaults in.

Thank God I'm employed I feel for the unlucky sparks that have the choice of that wage or standing in the dole queue!

Latest posts