The end of the 2330.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L-E_Fault

Reaction score
I was told today by my college lecturer in a couple of years time City and Guilds will stop the 2330. The only way into the industry will be in the form of an apprenticeship or some kind of on the job training. Basically you need to be employed by an electrical firm first and foremost, no more night school college.

Tim

We Were told the same thing at the end of the old 2360, that you would only be able to get on the new 2330 if you are employed in the industry as an apprentice.....then came the 5 day courses :)

We Were told the same thing at the end of the old 2360, that you would only be able to get on the new 2330 if you are employed in the industry as an apprentice.....then came the 5 day courses :)
Between the 2360 and the 2330 Apprentices were made do the 2351. When the 2382 came in they didn't even allow those who were there when the 2351 was going on to do the update course, but made them pay for the full course. This changed recently I think, but it meant that I had to fork out

It is the same for the 2330 too mate, they have to pay for the full course.

Unless they hold the 16th edition cert, within a certain timeframe.

It is the same for the 2330 too mate, they have to pay for the full course.Unless they hold the 16th edition cert, within a certain timeframe.
Unless the rules are different in different places, the Electrical Training Trust website claims that 2360 and 2330 as well as 2381 entitle the holder to the update, whereas 2351 is not mentioned.

It is indeed, up to the individual colleges as to how they want to work it. I remember my old 2382-100 lecture and others, telling me that.

the 2330 is what apprentices do...
the 2330 is the technical certificate available to everyone. Apprentices do this as well as NVQ's, AM2 and the 2356.

The 2330 is stopping enrolements at Christmas 2010 (I think) so will continue to run after that but only for existing students. The new qualification isn't yet finalised so don't believe anyone who says its definatley this or that.

The favourite appears to be 16 units total, 8 classroom based, 8 work based, so to complete the course you will need employment in the industry and the classroom units will expire if you don't do the rest in time.

As I say, not yet all finalised but 2330 is going!

the 2330 is the technical certificate available to everyone. Apprentices do this as well as NVQ's, AM2 and the 2356.The 2330 is stopping enrolements at Christmas 2010 (I think) so will continue to run after that but only for existing students. The new qualification isn't yet finalised so don't believe anyone who says its definatley this or that.

The favourite appears to be 16 units total, 8 classroom based, 8 work based, so to complete the course you will need employment in the industry and the classroom units will expire if you don't do the rest in time.

As I say, not yet all finalised but 2330 is going!
Wow this sounds like a great way to create more 5 day wonders...unless they plan to make the same conditions apply to the domestic installer courses.

Does this mean any electrician who is around the 50 year old mark will have to do another apprenticeship?

I know we can all learn something new but I cant go through all that brew making again