The fixed lug rule.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I came across the same and similar, when I did fault finding at my Brother-In-Law's house.

All cpc's terminated into the backbox. Some not even having any flyleads into the s/o itself. :eek:

If you are testing and issuing an installation certificate on someone else's work be very specific in the extent box on the cert otherwise you could leave yourself open for all kinds of come backs if something should go wrong as you will have signed off that the installation is compliant etc.

If you are testing and issuing an installation certificate on someone else's work be very specific in the extent box on the cert otherwise you could leave yourself open for all kinds of come backs if something should go wrong as you will have signed off that the installation is compliant etc.
If it is domestic you can't do it full stop!!

If it is domestic you can't do it full stop!!
I do not do much domestic and if I am asked to test someone else's work (normally mechanical supplies) I would carry it out on a Periodic Report.

Can't the boxes on the installation certificate for Design, Construction not be signed by the installer & Testing/ Inspection by the tester and if so why not as this is essentially what is done with larger commercial sites?

I do not do much domestic and if I am asked to test someone else's work (normally mechanical supplies) I would carry it out on a Periodic Report. Can't the boxes on the installation certificate for Design, Construction not be signed by the installer & Testing/ Inspection by the tester and if so why not as this is essentially what is done with larger commercial sites?
Yes you can it only applies to domestic, commercial and industrial are not part p so you could even do a EIC for work that you have not done as long as you get the company responsable for the design and construction to fill out that part of the cert. and you only fill out the inspection and testing part;)

how do you work that out
Tried to do it for a mate of mine he did the work and i was going to test and inspect it i called NIC first and was told as he is not part p reg then i cannot certify his work.

This only is the case for domestic

Tried to do it for a mate of mine he did the work and i was going to test and inspect it i called NIC first and was told as he is not part p reg then i cannot certify his work.This only is the case for domestic
It doesn't matter if he was registered, you can not SELF CERTIFY someone outside your enterprises work for building complance.

It doesn't matter if he was registered, you can not SELF CERTIFY someone outside your enterprises work for building complance.
I thought that is what i was trying to say (just in a round about manner) :Blushing

well it happens all the time.

no reason why

the job gets inspected first fix and then tested eic issued

the same argument is if the installer works for X scheme company and so does the tester and the tester hasn't visited site for the first fix what gives him the right/insight to sign it off just because he works for the same company

well it happens all the time.no reason why

the job gets inspected first fix and then tested eic issued

the same argument is if the installer works for X scheme company and so does the tester and the tester hasn't visited site for the first fix what gives him the right/insight to sign it off just because he works for the same company
Well they are not my rules, I just explain them.

I also think the idea behind your example was that the person was on site to 'supervise' the design/install

company X gets the contract

company X does the design

company X employed sparks first fix

company X tester is tied up on another job

company X uses sub contract testers to inspect first fix and then test when finished

company signs design

company x spark signs install

sub contractor signs tested

Well they are not my rules, I just explain them.I also think the idea behind your example was that the person was on site to 'supervise' the design/install
The inspector wouldn't really need to supervise the Design stage. But he/she should have access to information relating to the design.

Certainly the Construction stage should be supervised as appropriate.

Which is no use at all as a Completion Notice. This is in relation to the NIC Part P part above.
how is the completion notice produced?

how is the completion notice produced?
If self certifying then though your little club (probably their website). If not then you would have to have already informed LABC prior to the work and then inform them of your completion and supply an EIC. In either case, the owner should recieve an LABC completion certificate to proove compliance with building regs.