the new wholesaler

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I`ve just been to my local "trades only" counter (plumbits & sparkers), which is a subsidiary of SF ("electricfix").

All I can say is WOW!

1. They`re beating my discounted prices at TLC, with catalogue price.

2. Because you have to have scheme registration, there is no queue of "joe bloggs" holding your job up.

3. Stock. One of the biggest issues with TLC recently has been lack of stock held at branch. I went last week for 10 emergency light keyswitches. No problem, they had them. What they DIDN`T have was grid yokes! NONE!!! FFS

So I went to the newly opened E/F :)

Got exactly what I needed (plus an introductory 25 quid off ;) ), and they`ve got my vote.

Plus they`ll give you credit for recommending other people - so you heard of it from me; okay????

They`re also on the `phone, same idea as SF.......

Worth a look

KME

And you can use the plumbfix catalogue aswell

nice

especially heating programmers

ive been to the local EF a few times. service is usually good, but along with the more local SF, their stock levels let them down. i.e im normally lucky if they have more than 3 double sockets in stock. quite a few times ive emptied all their 'trade stock' of crabtree accessories.... and spent less than

i normally phone and it gets picked within 15 mins

time it takes me to get there

2. Because you have to have scheme registration, there is no queue of "joe bloggs" holding your job up.KME
When I get held up in Screwfix, 50% of the time it's by someone who evidently works as a "Professional" and for that reason seems to think that choosing their stuff from the catalogue and writing it down on a slip of paper for quick and easy processing does not apply to them.

So if the new trade counter gets rid of them, it has my vote.

:innocent

I used to order a lot from EF but the delivery situation was not so flexible, our local EF opend Monday and I used the

I'll take a wander over tomorrow/Fri for a look.Is it next door to S/F over the zone?
Same building mate - new side door added ;)

Got to have registration info with you, else you won`t get served - I phoned `em, and they went onto NIC website while I waited, to confirm I was on there.....

On the subject of which........Admin???? Where`s me logo? (please, winalot?)

KME

I opened an account with electricfix and all I had to show was my 17th Edition Cert and im not registered yet. Agree with Andy about stock levels but usually can get it by 10am next morning which aint much good but still cheap

I need to get back on to them,

I registered with them(so I thought)

told them I wasnt with a scam and was told no probs, (my screwfix account is ** electrical )

went to get some gear, and they said I need a scam, bloody hell, the guy couldnt even understand it as my details came up as ** electrical on the system.

still, I'll give them a bell later in the week methinks, Ive got about 4 near me so would be handy.

Agree with Andy about stock levels but usually can get it by 10am next morning which aint much good but still cheap
but i dont want to go somewhere where i have to then go back to collect what was not in stock. if i went and asked for 300 double sockets, 80 fused spurs etc, then i would expect them to be ordered. but when you only want 10-20 of an item, and they only have 2/3, its not much use

And I`ll tell you another good company - National lighting......

I`d been getting their emails for a while, and had a look through `cos I wanted some decking lights.......

So I ordered 2 picture lights (10x 5W zenon lamps), as they looked sexy.

Ordered on the `net at 2.15p.m. Monday.

They were in my hallway before 8.30a.m. Tuesday!!!!!

Good price, and fast, efficient service.

Well worth a look ;)

limited opening though at weekends
you can just go to the normal screfix counter and you still get the electrofix price, handy if the trade counter is closed

i found that out !!!

trouble is using the E.F. counter the guys/girls get to know you (which is good) but when you go next door and the Diyers have got questions relating to electrics....who will they look to ?????

we shall see......

And I`ll tell you another good company - National lighting......I`d been getting their emails for a while, and had a look through `cos I wanted some decking lights.......

So I ordered 2 picture lights (10x 5W zenon lamps), as they looked sexy.

Ordered on the `net at 2.15p.m. Monday.

They were in my hallway before 8.30a.m. Tuesday!!!!!

Good price, and fast, efficient service.

Well worth a look ;)
how are decking lights and picture light the same :^O :^O :^O :coat

I had an Invite from them the other week Mate, And the